Introduction

My name is Thakshana Yogeswaran and I am a media student at The Latymer School. My candidate number is 9179.

I am working in Group 3 with Gift Emesi (9044), Angela Chen (9025) and Monica Aghadiuno (9365)

In order to view my work please click on the 3 labels on the right named A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 evaluation.

Group 3 - Music Video

Inside Panels

Inside Panels
Our Digipack, top left - back, top right - front, bottom left - inside panel, bottom right - inside panel (CD)
This is a link to our website, click the image above to enter our site

Tuesday 6 October 2015

R+P Post 2: Myself as a Music Consumer

How/Where/When/With who/Why do you consume music?

  • I consume music on a variety of different platforms such as the radio, my laptop, iPod and phone. I have different playlists to suit the mood that I'm in and music consumption has definitely become a lot more easier as new technology has developed, such as Spotify.
  • Again, I can listen to music literally anywhere; in my bedroom, on public transport, in the car, in the bath, at parties and gigs and so on.
  • I listen to different music at different times of the day. For example, on the way to school I usually listen to quite upbeat tracks in order to wake me up properly and get me pumped before school. When I'm doing my work, I can listen to literally any kind of music as long as something is playing in the background and when I sleep I listen to to slower music to help me sleep. 
  • I listen to music with my friends, by myself and with my family.
  • I listen to music for a variety of different reasons which include reasons like escapism/diversion to provide something else to focus on as opposed to whatever bleak task I am doing, cheer me up, help me sleep, to create shared experiences at social gatherings and because I can relate to certain music and the lyrics.

What does music mean to you?

Childhood:

Whenever, Wherever by Shakira

In year 5/6 this was my absolute favourite song of all time. When I listen to this song now it makes me feel really nostalgic as there a quite a lot of memories attached to this video. It reminds me of times in primary school during wet play, my friends and I would blast this song out and sing along to it and be absolutely mesmerised by Shakira. She was literally a goddess to us back then. I still, to this day, have this song on my playlist and it is just such an amazing song. 

Early Teens:

Numb by Linkin Park 

This song is really important to me as this is probably the first rock song I ever listened to and it made me explore music past the generic 'pop' genre and help me form my own music taste as opposed to just listening to something that my friends or parents loved. I used to play this song all the time, out loud and my mum always used to shout at me because I overplayed the song. Again, I still listen to this song quite frequently and I think it was definitely the beat that made me fall in love with this song.

Now:

Photograph by Ed Sheeran

This sons is one of my absolute favourite songs mainly because of the artist that sung this song. Ed Sheeran is one of my favourite artists and this song again has a lot of nostalgia attached to it because in the music video it's all reminiscing being a baby and childhood which made me think back to my childhood and all the memories attached with that. Also, Ed Sheeran is such a famous singer but the fact that he isn't fame hungry and is humble just makes his songs ten times more better for me as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment