Introduction

My name is Thakshana Yogeswaran and I am a media student at The Latymer School. My candidate number is 9179.

I am working in Group 3 with Gift Emesi (9044), Angela Chen (9025) and Monica Aghadiuno (9365)

In order to view my work please click on the 3 labels on the right named A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 evaluation.

Group 3 - Music Video

Inside Panels

Inside Panels
Our Digipack, top left - back, top right - front, bottom left - inside panel, bottom right - inside panel (CD)
This is a link to our website, click the image above to enter our site

Saturday 10 October 2015

R+P Post 5: The Kind of Video I Would Like to Make

The kind of video I would like to make is something really exciting with lots of editing work, playing around with lights and performance shots. I want to make something that's visually stimulating, that will get the audience to appreciate the music video.

1. Fast-paced editing


An example for this is Pia Mia's 'Do It Again'. This video has so much fast paced editing especially towards the end. The shots between 2:22 and 2:26 have been edited together so well and so fast with flashing lights and other really cool stuff that I would love to include in my own music video. 

2. Lots of effects

If you look at Justin Bieber's 'What do u mean' music video, it actually has such a cool concept where fans got a chance to draw whatever they want over him and this was then incorporated in the video to create some very snazzy looking shots as shown below. I would love to be able to play around in the edit suite like this and add crazy effects to my music video to make it look like this.


3. Playing around with lighting

In 'How Deep is Your Love', there are some really interesting shots of the model where its a close up of her and she's moving but really slowly at first and then it speeds up. The colour of the model also changed throughout the scene shown below and I think this was either done by adding coloured filters to the lights or in the edit suite. Either way, it gives off a really cool effect and it's really attention grabbing for the audience as well.



4. Performance

I would also love to incorporate some dance into my music video whether this is someone dancing on their own or people dancing as a group. I just think this works well for the type of fun and upbeat music video that I would love to do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment