Introduction

My name is Thakshana Yogeswaran and I am a media student at The Latymer School. My candidate number is 9179.

I am working in Group 3 with Gift Emesi (9044), Angela Chen (9025) and Monica Aghadiuno (9365)

In order to view my work please click on the 3 labels on the right named A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 evaluation.

Group 3 - Music Video

Inside Panels

Inside Panels
Our Digipack, top left - back, top right - front, bottom left - inside panel, bottom right - inside panel (CD)
This is a link to our website, click the image above to enter our site

Saturday 10 October 2015

R+P Post 9: Music Videos That Have Inspired and Influenced my Ideas

During my research for this project, I have come across a lot of music videos that I like the look of and would love to create something as good as that.

One music video in particular was really inspirational for me and the song is called, Don't Be So Hard On Yourself by Jess Glynne. The music video had both narrative and performance bits and the lyrics were interpreted literally into the music video. It was a very emotional music video and it takes the audience through a journey which is something I would like to achieve in my own music video. I want to convey a deeper message than just the song itself.


I decided to break down the video even more and did a semiotic analysis on it which I have included below:





Another music video that has influenced my ideas is Do It Again by Pia Mia. Her music video is purely performance based but with all the fast paced editing and the changing colours, it looks really good. The camera movement as well and all the slo-mo shots also look really good. I would love to recreate some of the slow motion shots in my own video. Something else I would love to recreate is the way in the music video they edit to the beat of the music. Her dance moves as well are really good and the performance shots are filmed in a way which makes them exciting to watch.


Another video that I took influence from in terms of lighting is Braveheart by Neon Jungle. I love the way the lighting changes throughout. I want to do this in my music video as well and play around with silhouettes and different coloured lighting. The camera movement and the different levels and positioning of the band and the way they walk up to the camera as well looks super cool. 



No comments:

Post a Comment