Introduction

My name is Thakshana Yogeswaran and I am a media student at The Latymer School. My candidate number is 9179.

I am working in Group 3 with Gift Emesi (9044), Angela Chen (9025) and Monica Aghadiuno (9365)

In order to view my work please click on the 3 labels on the right named A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 evaluation.

Group 3 - Music Video

Inside Panels

Inside Panels
Our Digipack, top left - back, top right - front, bottom left - inside panel, bottom right - inside panel (CD)
This is a link to our website, click the image above to enter our site

Monday 16 March 2015

Construction post 10: Looking back - reflections on our final outcome

My film opening sequence:

I have thoroughly enjoyed doing this project as film is something I'm really interested in so getting to plan, film and edit my own film opening sequence was very exciting for me.

My highlights of this project were:

  • Working together with two very enthusiastic and encouraging people, Mario and Angela. I felt like they were always there to support me throughout the course of this project and we all worked really well together to create a final piece that we're all proud of
  • Seeing how far we've come with this project. If you watch our rough cut and then our main film opening you can see how vastly we've improved everything from the shots to the editing.
  • Getting a chance to experiment with grading was really exciting and seeing the difference it had to the shots was really amazing. 
My lowpoints: 
  • The whole project was really time-consuming. For example, the shoot sessions were 8 hours long and sometimes we'd spend quite a long time trying to perfect one shot which usually ended with us taking numerous takes of one shot and still not being satisfied with it. The editing as well was really intense. We had to come in on our frees, after school, lunch times and also lesson time to finish this project. The second week was especially tough because we were one person down so me and Angela had to put in the extra effort to finish the project. 
How we hope our finished film will be received by the audience: 
  • I hope our audience really like our opening sequence as we really put a lot of time and effort into it. We're also really proud of what we achieved and hope it is received well by our audience. 
  • I also hope the male audience will be able to 'laugh' at Guy and still watch it despite it being a rom-com which isn't usually a male orientated genre. 
  • I hope they will be intrigued enough to say that they would carry on watching the rest of the film
If we had more time:
  • I'd really like to work on the grading of our shots to make them even more professional looking and stylised
  • I'd like to work a bit more on the voiceover because even though we rewrote it several times I feel like the voiceover, dialogue and action compete with each other rather than work together so that's something I would like to spend more time working on 
  • Created our titles on LiveType as the font of out titles isn't very cinematic and in LiveType you can add more effects to your titles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment