Introduction

My name is Thakshana Yogeswaran and I am a media student at The Latymer School. My candidate number is 9179.

I am working in Group 3 with Gift Emesi (9044), Angela Chen (9025) and Monica Aghadiuno (9365)

In order to view my work please click on the 3 labels on the right named A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 evaluation.

Group 3 - Music Video

Inside Panels

Inside Panels
Our Digipack, top left - back, top right - front, bottom left - inside panel, bottom right - inside panel (CD)
This is a link to our website, click the image above to enter our site

Monday 16 March 2015

Construction Post 8: My personal contributions to the Edit Sessions

My whole group were actively involved with the editing process of our opening sequence. However, Angela and I really had to step up and do a few more edit sessions in week 2 as Mario wasn't there.

My contributions:

  • I helped cut the basic sequence together to ensure that we had perfect match-on-action between each shot to make sure that continuity wasn't broken.
  • I also made some of the titles and had to choose carefully where to place the titles as well as the font and the transitions. We took inspiration from 'John Tucker Must Die' and also other rom-com films where majority of the titles are in plain white text and fade in and out. They are usually also overlayed over the action which is what we did. 
  • Adjusting the sound levels was quite a challenging task as we had to lower the volume of the music track and increase the volume of the voiceover/dialogue in order for it to be heard clearly. 
  • Grading was another difficult process as I hadn't really done it before so it was a learning process for me. Grading helps to correct the colour of your shots in order to produce a professional looking finish to your film. Since I had never done this before, I had to watch a YouTube tutorial in order to understand the basics. Here is the video that I watched: 

I really enjoyed the editing process of our opening sequence as it provided me with the opportunity to learn a lot of new things and also meant I could experiment a little bit to see what worked and what didn't for our opening sequence. After the whole process, I feel like I'm a lot more confident with editing and I have new skills which I previously didn't have such as grading and creating multiple layers of video and audio. 

If I had the chance and a longer timeframe then I would experiment more with grading to create an even more professional look to our opening sequence. However, I didn't have the luxury of time so we had to grade each shot accordingly to ensure that we would finish by the deadline. 

No comments:

Post a Comment